MHG2907 - Little Dalcross
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHAPEL (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD to 1900 AD)
NH74NE 18 7748 4847.
(NH 7748 4847) Dalcross Chapel (NR) (Site of). Graveyard (Disused) (NAT).
OS 25"map, Inverness-shire, (1870)
There is a church-yard or burying ground at Dalcross, but it is little used, and part of the walls of the church still remain (OSA 1794). Dalcross was annexed to Croy on 14th July 1618 (Scott 1915-61).
OSA 1794; H Scott et al 1915-61; Name Book 1869.
The stone footings of this chapel situated in a small wood, remained to a maximum height of 0.4m on the north,south and west with a larger tumble of stones, 1.0m high, on the east. Several plain gravestones survive in the disused grave-yard surrounding the church. The graveyard has not been in use for at least 150 years.
Resurveyed at 1/2500
Visited by OS (N K B) 11 August 1964.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Sir John Sinclair (ed.). 1791-9. The statistical account of Scotland, drawn up from the communications of the ministers of the different parishes. 560.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Scott, H et al (eds.). 1915-61. Fasti ecclesiae Scoticanae: the succession of ministers in the Church of Scotland from the Reformation. Rev.. 440.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 18, 13.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7749 4847 (78m by 71m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||CROY AND DALCROSS|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM5399 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14153 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.