MHG41434 - Little Dalcross

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • CEMETERY (Undated)

Protected Status

Full Description

Dalcross Chapel (NR) (Site of). Graveyard (Disused) (NAT).
OS 25"map, Inverness-shire, (1870)

There is a church-yard or burying ground at Dalcross, but it is little used, and part of the walls of the church still remain (OSA 1794). Dalcross was annexed to Croy on 14th July 1618 (Scott 1915-61).
OSA 1794; H Scott et al 1915-61; Name Book 1869.

The stone footings of this chapel situated in a small wood, remained to a maximum height of 0.4m on the north,south and west with a larger tumble of stones, 1.0m high, on the east. Several plain gravestones survive in the disused grave-yard surrounding the church. The graveyard has not been in use for at least 150 years.
Resurveyed at 1/2500
Visited by OS (N K B) 11 August 1964.


Name Book (County), Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey, Book No. 18, 13 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG3348.


Sir John Sinclair (ed.), 1791-9, The statistical account of Scotland, drawn up from the communications of the ministers of the different parishes, 560 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2606.


Scott, H et al (eds.), 1915-61, Fasti ecclesiae Scoticanae: the succession of ministers in the Church of Scotland from the Reformation, 440 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2773.

Sources/Archives (3)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 7748 4847 (200m by 200m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NH74NE
Civil Parish CROY AND DALCROSS
Geographical Area INVERNESS

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (3)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.