MHG2920 - Culloden Moor Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Railway Signal Box
Not to be confused with Culloden (later Allanfearn) Station (NH 7148 4756), for which see NH74NW 52. For adjacent Clava viaduct (over river Nairn), see NH74SE 23.
This intermediate station on the Highland Railway was opened on 1 November 1898; it was grouped into the London, Midland and Scottish Rly. in 1923 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 3 May 1965.
R V J Butt 1995.
Station probably opened 1.11.1898; closed 3.5.1965
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7623 4568 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||CROY AND DALCROSS|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14179 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.