MHG29224 - Depopulated Settlement - Tordarroch
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
The township was surveyed in 1989 as part of a survey of lands around Tardarroch, Daviot and Dunlichty to identify and map archaeological monuments threatened by the proposed afforestation scheme. See report for details of the depopulated settlement. <1>
This site was visited as part of a walkover survey in June 2009. Two structural elements, believed to be part of the township, were identified at NH 68045 33338. These comprise the low, turf covered footings of one rectilinear building and the partial remains of a wall, surviving to only one course in height. It is recommended that all visible remains of the township are marked out prior to the works, recorded and preserved in situ. <2>
- <1> SHG2140 Text/Publication/Volume: Dr Stephen T Driscoll. 1989. Tordarroch Archaeological survey.
- <2> SHG24534 Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: McCullagh, C. 08/2009. Daviot to Whitebridge: Overhead Line Refurbishment - Desk Based Assessment and Walk-over Survey. Highland Archaeology Services Ltd. Digital. F21.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6803 3335 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.