MHG29231 - Coffin Cairn - Bealach Carach
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- COFFIN CAIRN (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A small coffin cairn with a simple cross on top.
Noted and photographed by J Hooper, 02/2000.
The cairn is about 800 MM high, about 2500 MM base diameter and approximately 300MM across the top. There is a small concrete(?) cross on top, this is about 300 MM high. Not marked on 1st or 2nd Eition OS map though shown on modern map on Pastmap.
Information from M Briscoe 9 September 2014. <1>
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Coffin cairn, Bealach Carach.. Colour Slide; Digital Image. .
- --- Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wordsworth J. 1996. An Archaeological Survey of a Proposed Native Woodland at Glenuig, Moidart. Wordsworth Archaeological Services. 15/11/1996. Site 20.
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 345057.
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6694 7508 (6m by 6m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/345057/cruach-na-cuilidh-moire-war-memorial (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.