MHG2928 - Ring Cairn, Cullernie
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RING CAIRN (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
Fraser (1884) lists a "fragmentary" site of a stone circle under the name of Cullearnie (East End) which would be about 4 1/2 miles east-north-east of Inverness, but it is not marked on the OS 6" map and nothing is now known of it in the district.
J Fraser 1884; A S Henshall 1963.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of North-east Inverness, Inverness District, Highland Region. . 10, No. 35.
- --- Text/Publication/Monograph: Henshall, A S. 1963. The chambered tombs of Scotland, Volume 1. 373, No. 24.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Fraser, J. 1884. 'Descriptive notes on the stone circles of Strathnairn and neighbourhood of Inverness', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 18 1883-4, p.328-62. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 328-62. 361.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7319 4750 (80m by 80m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14197 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.