MHG2930 - Stone Alignment, Milltown of Culloden

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • STONE ALIGNMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

A quarter of a mile east of the farmhouse of Milltown of Culloden and close to the public road there is a double row of thirty upright stones, forming a straight avenue or passage of two to three feet in width.
The rows are aligned "from ENE to WNW and the stones at the western end are considerably larger than the others". (See NH74NW 5 - Chambered Cairn).
G Anderson 1831.

No trace of the stone rows was found during field investigation.
Visited by OS (E G C) 25 April 1962.

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 7070 4690 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NH74NW
Civil Parish INVERNESS AND BONA
Geographical Area INVERNESS

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.