MHG2931 - BA Halberd, Culloden
BA Halberd, Culloden
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
A bronze halberd (O'Riordain Class 6) from Culloden is in the British Museum (WG 2061).
S P O'Riordain 1936; J M Coles 1969.
This halberd was catalogued and photographed as part of the North Kessock & District Local History Society and Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH) collaborative 'Feats of Clay' Project, which was focused on Bronze Age metalworking around the Moray Firth. It was assigned an Early Bronze Age date. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Coles, J M. 1971. 'Scottish Early Bronze Age metalwork', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 101 1968-9, p.1-110. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 1-110. 38, 87.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: O'Riordain, S P. 1936. 'The halberd in Bronze Age Europe', Archaeologia Vol. 86 1936, p.195-321. Archaeologia. 195-321. 311, No. 18.
- <1> Text/Publication/Monograph: Clark, G., Cowie, T. & Kruse, S. 2017. Feats of Clay. Cat. No. 47.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7300 4499 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
- HALBERD (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14194 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.