MHG29355 - Bothy, Loch Nan Tri-Eileanan 3
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Alternate Type) BOTHY? (Undated)
- STRUCTURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Small square bothy; max height 1m and situated near a burn. There are signs of a larger structure (3m by 2m) from which bothy may have been constructed. Various size stones used. 1m internal diameter.
M Macdonald Torridon Sheiling Survey 1992.
This structure might be one of many mentioned in NG85NW0004 (MHG7595).
J Aitken : 12/12/00.
MacDonald lists shieling bothies at NG 8288 5995, NG 8292 5995 and NG 8289 5998. The latter is associated with a small circular structure and a second small circular structure, possibly a lambing pen is noted at NG 8285 5996. (No details given.) <1>
This structure may be one recorded during the desk based assessment and walkover survey undertaken by J Wordsworth and J Harden at Torridon for the National Trust for Scotland in 1996-2002.<2>
- <1> Text/Publication/Article: MacDonald, M. 1992. ''Torridon shieling survey (Applecross, Gairloch and Lochcarron parishes)'', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1992, p.44-5. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 44-5. 44-5.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wordsworth, J. & Harden, J.. 2002. Torridon Archaeological Survey 1996-2002. The National Trust for Scotland (NTS). 13/01/2003. Paper and Digital. TOR010.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8291 5995 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/80955/torridon-loch-nan-tri-eileanan (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.