MHG2982 - Building footings, Castletown
The reported footings of a house or cottage.
Type and Period (1)
- HOUSE? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Footings of at least one dry-stone cottage.
RCAHMS 1979, visited April 1979.
These footings were not noted during a walkover survey in 1998 <2>. It is possible either that the quoted grid reference is incorrect, or the footings were confused with remains of the castle MHG2996. <3>
- <1> Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of North-east Inverness, Inverness District, Highland Region. . 28, No. 221.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wordsworth, J. 10/1998. Clava Estate Woodland 1998: An Archaeological Survey. Wordsworth Archaeological Services. 01/11/1998. .
- <3> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7493 4272 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||CROY AND DALCROSS|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14301 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.