MHG29956 - Sheepfold - Bualie Mhor C
A sheepfold is visible in aerial photography.
Type and Period (1)
- SHEEP FOLD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
A rectangular sheepfold is visible in aerial photography captured 1999-2001. <1>
A drystone sheepfold c50m by 20m was recorded by a pre-afforestion survey by Wordsworth Archaeological Serviced in 2000. It is likely to be of mid 19th century date. It was recommended that the site was preserved with an unplanted buffer of 20m or preferably to a large open area of rig connected with Baravaig. <2>
It is visible in the 1st and 2nd edition OS maps.
GIS spatial data created 2018 based on OS Master Map. <3>
- <1> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map).
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wordsworth, J. 2000. Barabhaig WGS Isle of Skye: A Rapid Archaeological Survey. Site no. 12.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 6951 1016 (41m by 46m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/311806/skye-buaile-mhor (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.