MHG3016 - Polished Stone Axehead - Castle Stuart
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
A large Neolithic polished stone axe of Cumbrian type from Castle Stewart, is in Edinburgh Museum.
C I Fell 1964.
Listed under Acc. No. AF 988 in the NMS catalogue. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Fell, C I. 1964. 'The Cumbrian type of polished stone axe and its distribution in Britain'', Proc Prehist Soc Vol. 30 1964, p.39-55. Proc Prehist Soc. 39-55. 53.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AF 988.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7400 4899 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14255 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.