MHG3019 - Allanfearn Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH74NW 52 7148 4756
Not to be confused with Culloden Moor Station (NH 7623 4568), for which see NH74NE 41.00. For nearby Railway Cottages, see NH74NE 56.
This intermediate station on the Highland Railway was opened (by the Inverness and Nairn Rly.) on 5 November 1855 as Culloden Station; this line formed part of the Inverness-Aberdeen main line of the Highland and Great North of Scotland Rlys. The station was renamed Allanfearn Station (presumably to avoid confusion with Culloden Moor Station, NH74NE 41.00); it was grouped into the London, Midland and Scottish Rly. in 1923 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 3 May 1965.
R V J Butt 1995.
Culloden Station (probably opened 6.11.1855) until 1.11.1898, then after known as Allanfearn Station; closed 3.5.1965
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7148 4757 (19m by 30m)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14243 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.