MHG30687 - Tollie Farm
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NG87NE 14 centred on 8600 7885
Three enclosures are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Ross-shire 1881, sheet xlv). Two enclosures are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10560 map (1969).
Information from RCAHMS (AKK) 23 April 1996.
Two of the enclosures recorded on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map were recorded at this location during walkover survey. Another wall can also be seen running W along the edge of a boggy hollow. <1>
The records from the walkover survey, <1>, are a little confused. Site 29 seems to refer to both enclosures depicted on the 1st edition map, MHG30687 to the E of a trackway, and MHG30689 to the W. <2>
This enclosure is shown on the 1st edition OS map, and on current mapping. <3><4>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wordsworth, J.. 05/1994. Inverasdale Water Pipeline: An Archaeological Survey of the Proposed Route. Wordsworth Archaeological Services. 12/05/1994. . Site 29.
- <2> Verbal Communication: Carey, G. 2010-2011. Comment by Giles Carey, HER Officer.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-76. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8611 7892 (121m by 85m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/105004 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.