MHG3082 - Building - Tullich township
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NH62NW 42 6379 2915.
This building stands in rough grassland on a gentle SW-facing hillside some 300m WSW of the remains of Tullich township (NH62NE 44). Unlike that township, it does not appear on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1874, sheet xxxi). It measures 10.9m from NE to SW by 4.3m transversely over a grassed-over stony bank spread to 0.9m in thickness and standing 0.25m high. There is a bedneuk in the SE side, measuring 1.9m by 1.5m, and the entrance also appears to have been on that side. There is a possible outshot attached to the NE end.
Visited by RCAHMS (SDB) 17 March 1993.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6379 2915 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/78765 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.