MHG31417 - Watch House - Croy Parish Church
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- WATCH HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
Watch house at Croy Parish Church.
An evaluation survey was undertaken of the cemeteries and burial grounds in the Inverness and Nairn areas, including the archaeological, historical and environmental standing of the sites and the monuments contained therein. A note was made of the date, variety, condition and management of those monuments.
The study of the environmental factors involved in the survey was developed in conjunction with the Scottish Wildlife Trust.
Croy & Dalcross Church (Croy & Dalcross parish)
NH 7967 4990 298 memorials recorded. Survey concentrated on older part of churchyard, to S, W and E of the church.
Reports lodged with Highland SMR and the NMRS.
Sponsors: CBA Challenge Funding, Highland Council, Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, Inverness Area Countryside Project, Leader II.
S Farrell 1997
Repair of the Church
Payment of ?20.4.10, Angus MacKintosh of MacKintosh's proportion of the cost.
NH74NE0056 Burial Ground
NH74NE 78 7967 4990
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7966 4986 (7m by 7m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||CROY AND DALCROSS|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB1710 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/271050 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.