MHG31459 - Cemetery, Balintore New
A cemetery established in the late 19th or early 20th century.
Type and Period (1)
- CEMETERY (Established, 19th Century to 20th Century - 1875 AD to 1904 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
This cemetery is first depicted on the 2nd edition Ordnance Survey map c.1904. By 1960 the original cemetery had been extended eastwards and by 1974 the square northern extension had been added. <1>-<4>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: 1995. ''Burial Grounds in Ross & Cromarty'', Highland Family History Society Journal Vol. 13, p.17. Highland Family History Society Journal. 17. 17.
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1959-1963. Ordnance Survey 6 inch map: Epoch 5a.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1964-73. Ordnance Survey 25 inch map: Epoch 5a. Digital.
- <4> Text/Correspondence: Private individual. 2008-11. Feedback from website visitor. Yes. Digital. Martin Briscoe 06/10/2009.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 86476 75849 (188m by 126m) (Centred)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.