MHG31470 - Cemetery, St Columba's Church, Kincardine
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CEMETERY (19th Century - 1838 AD to 1838 AD)
Supposed to be an early church site. Large graveyard council maintained that has almost certainly been extended to W (where more modern graves lie). See photos, a number of early slabs, perhaps C17 but heavily eroded - HAW 11/2003
NH68NW0006 Kincardine Church
NH68NW0005 Kincardine Church, carved stone
NH68NW0007 Kincardine Church, silver coin
NH68NW0030 Kincardine Church, memorial
NH68NW0045 Kincardine Church, gates
J Aitken : 07/01/0
'Sutherland Monumental Inscriptions', pre 1855
Monumental inscription survey completed by A.S.Cowper & I.Ross.
The survey may not include inscription information after 1855 and each inscription transcribed does not give the full details that appear on the stones, abbreviations used. Some ommissions and inacuracies. First published 1989, reprinted 1991, 1996 & 1999.
J Aitken : 20/12/02
- --- Text/Publication/Monograph: A.S.Cowper & I.Ross. 1989. Sutherland Monumental Inscriptions, pre 1855.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Beattie, A G & Beattie, M H (eds.). 1997. Pre-1855 gravestone inscriptions in Wester Ross : a summary of and index to, pre-1855 gravestone inscriptions found in burial grounds in the parishes of Kincardine, Lochbroom, Gairloch, Applecross, Lochcarron, Lochalsh, Kintail and Glenshiel. 2nd. Paper (Original).
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6052 8941 (84m by 70m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB7176 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13882 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.