MHG31610 - Strathcromble Settlement
A large enclosure, three buildings and a yard are depicted on the 1st edition OS map.
Type and Period (4)
- SETTLEMENT? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- FARMSTEAD? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- ENCLOSURE? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- BUILDING? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Strathcromble is a kidney shaped area of open land marked on 1st ed OS Map. Square cultivated area in SE with 4 buildings on corners. 3 buildings in row to W. This is on the eastern end of the footpath marked from Leckie
HAW 2/2003 <1>
Oblique aerial photography (RCAHMSAP 2009) has recorded the ruins of a farmstead at Strathcromble. See link below to HES Canmore record for aerial photos. <2>
GIS spatial data created 2018 based on OS Mater Map. <3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 1341 6458 (159m by 131m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/311037/strathcromble (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.