MHG31612 - Parish Church (Church of Scotland), Old Mill Street, Ullapool
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CEMETERY (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1560 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
Burial Ground depicted on the 2nd edition OS 6" map. <1>
Visited during the Highland Kirkyards project, run by Highland Buildings Preservation Trust. Small burial ground attached to Church of Scotland Parish Church in use. The graveyard lies to the north of the church building and modern hall extension. There are only three iron railed burial enclosures and a few other gravestones in evidence, but the ground is raised so there may be other burials underfoot. However, the ground is relatively flat. There are bits of iron on site which could have come from other burial enclosures as the three in evidence are whole. <2><3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <2> Collection/Project Archive: Robinson, B; Scott, M; Wright, A. 03/2010. Highland Kirkyards: Ross and Cromarty. Highland Buildings Preservation Trust. 29/07/2010. Paper (Original).
- <3> Image/Photograph(s): Highlands Buildings Preservation Trust. 2009. Photographs of Ross and Cromarty Kirkyards. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 1301 9426 (36m by 57m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.