MHG32061 - Fish Trap - Aird
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FISH TRAP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
A fish trap is depicted in the north corner of the bay on the 1st and 2nd edition OS Ross-shire maps. <1> <2>
A large fish trap mis visible in aerial photography taken 1999-2001. <3> It was photographed by during RCAHMS aerial surveys in 2011. See link below to HES Canmore for oblique aerial photos. <4>
What appears to be a fish trap in the north corner of the bay was exposed by the falling tide. This is partly recorded on the 1st Edition OS map.
Wester Ross Project - Cathy Dagg, 03/04
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
- <4> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8676 8909 (53m by 149m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331382/aird-point (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.