MHG3218 - Enclosure - Cullaird
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- ENCLOSURE (Undated)
- None recorded
NH64SW 34 636 402.
Air photography has revealed a circular enclosure c14m in diameter c180m WNW of Cullaird farm. On the SW there appears to be an additional arc to the 'circle' which in the later photos appears to be part of a larger enclosure. (AP nos. 8903.01-05 and 8904.05-07 held in Inverness Museum; see also Archive.)
Information from J Harden 1989.
See link below to HES Canmore record for aerial photos taken by RCAHMS 1995-6. <1>
- --- SHG4999 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph: B/W Negative. .
- --- SHG5000 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph: B/W Negative. .
- --- SHG5001 Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph: B/W Negative. .
- <1> SHG23282 Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 76696.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6360 4020 (60m by 60m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/76696 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.