MHG32223 - Bruachdian Farmstead
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- MILL? (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
5 buildings & 1 unroofed structure, shown on 1st ed Ordnance Survey mapping. "Sluices" to N on stream that passes S, joing the most northerly building, a long rectangle. This possibly represents a mill. <1>
Information and photographs received from a participant in a Community Timeline course, run by ARCH. This building is now known as West End. Only the large building to the W is extant. <2><3>
- <1> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1871-76. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <2> Collection/Catalogue/Gazetteer: ARCH and Invidual Participants. 08/2010. Additional information on a number of sites, contributed by participants in ARCH Community Timeline Courses in Evanton and Golspie. Yes. Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s): Private individuals. 2010. Photographs submitted by participants in ARCH Community Timeline course in Evanton and Golspie. Colour digital. Yes. Digital. Janey Clarke.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5632 6884 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/331554/west-end (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.