MHG32477 - Lime Kiln - Coille Dubh
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- BUILDING (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- (Alternate Type) LIME KILN (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Created automatically by NMRS Register Utility
User: Admin, Date: Wed 13 Oct 2004
NG87SW 24.04 8083 7276
A building, situated just below the former track through the woods towards the base of a W-facing slope, was noted during a pre-afforestation survey by J Wordsworth in 1997. The building measures 8m from N to S by 3m within partly robbed walls surviving as large irregular boulder footings up to 0.6m in height. <1>
A building is depicted a this location on the 1st editon 6" Ross-shire OS Map and is labelled as 'Old Lime Kiln' on the 2nd edition 6" Ross-shire OS map. <2> <3>
GIS spatial data created 2018 based on OS Master Map. <4>
- <1> Text/Report: Wordsworth J. Coille Dubh, Gairloch WGS. Wordsworth Archaeological Services. . . pp 14, site no. 29.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1881. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1905. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Ross-shire. Digital.
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 8081 7275 (5m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/142908 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.