MHG3249 - Cradlehall
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
NH74SW 12 7056 4410.
There are traces of hut circles a short distance above Castlehill (NH 696 443)
A pair of hut circles exist among the beeches a few yards off the road on the slope above Cradlehall (NH 70 44). One is in good preservation; the other is partially broken up.
These two hut circles are marked at approximately NH 7056 4410 on Fraser's (Mackay 1911) map. A housing estate now occupies the site. Visited by OS (A A) 6 May 1970; W Mackay 1911.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Mackay, W. 1911. Life in Inverness in the Sixteenth Century. map.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of North-east Inverness, Inverness District, Highland Region. . 19, No. 119.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: ISSFC. 1893. 'Excursion to Strathnairn', Trans Inverness Sci Soc Fld Club Vol. 3 1883-8, p.25-9. Trans Inverness Sci Soc Fld Club. 25-9. 26.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: ISSFC. 1885. 'Excursions to Strathnairn', Trans Inverness Sci Soc Fld Club Vol. 1 1875-80, p.27-36. Trans Inverness Sci Soc Fld Club. 27-36. 30.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7056 4410 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/14288 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.