MHG3252 - Flint Implement - Allanfearn
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 551 BC?)
- None recorded
Large kite-shaped flint projectile head found while fieldwalking.
R G Hanley and A Ross 1992.
This leaf shaped implement is listed under 1991.006.001 in the Inverness Museum catalogue. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: Hanley and Ross, R G and A. 1992. 'Allanfearn (Inverness and Bona parish): possible disturbed cremation burial', Discovery and Excavation in Scotland 1992, p.42. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 42. 42.
- <1> Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 1991.006.001.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7210 4780 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 551 BC?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/75186 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.