MHG32704 - Kilmory Church
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Kilmory Church lies to the south-west of the earlier church and burial site NM56NW0001. It is a simple rectilinear structure and appears as 'church' on the first edition OS map of c. 1870. It is thought that the church was built around 1850 and there is evidence of later alterations (possibly around 1915) - whereby the original ceiling of plaster and lathe was replaced and a gable-end window was altered.
A planning application (LO-02-162) to convert the church into a house required the provision of a Photographic Record. A number of photographs were taken of the building and the general area prior to the start of the development. The photographs were taken by Paul & Lorna Taylor and a short report on the church, accompanied by historical records were received in March 2004. These are held on CD and in Assoc Docs. (KC 03/04) <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NM 5319 6991 (13m by 12m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.