MHG32826 - Volunteers Drill Hall, Rogart
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- DRILL HALL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Volunteer Drill Hall marked on both 1st & 2nd ed OS at this GR. On 1st rifle range lies to the SW of this - HAW 2/2004
A drill hall is annotated and depicted on the 1st and 2nd editions of the OS 6-inch map (Sutherland). The building, which has been extended is in use as a private residence called Seaforth Hall. It may therefore be possible that a detachment from the Seaforth regiment was based at this hall.
Information from RCAHMS, (AKK) 27 September 2013. <1> <2>
Rogart Drill Hall at Balclaggan was the drill station for D Coy. 5Bn. Seaforths.
Information from M Osbourne to RCAHMS 14 January 2014.
GIS spatial data created 2019 based on OS Master Map. <1>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 332552.
- <2> Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. No. 903.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NC 7346 0400 (22m by 22m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/332552/balclaggan-drill-hall (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.