MHG3302 - Glen Convinth
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- NUNNERY (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD? to 1834 AD?)
- None recorded
NH53NW 6 c.51 37.
'Glen Convinth takes its name from a nunnery, the foundations of which, in the centre of the valley, are still visible.' (Possibly refers to NH 53 NW 2 site of former parish church.) No further information. <1>
The site was visited during a walkover survey in August 2008 but no archaeological remains were identified. <2>
- <1> Text/Publication/Volume: Anderson, G. 1834. Guide to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. 1st. 538.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: McCullagh, C. 10/2008. Kiltarlity to Drumnadrochit Overhead Line: Desk Based and Walk-Over Survey. Highland Archaeology Services Ltd. 14/10/2008. Digital. Feature E.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5099 3700 (80m by 80m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||KILTARLITY AND CONVINTH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12607 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.