MHG3312 - Kilmichael House
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Kilmichael on Site of (NAT) Kilmichael Grave Yard (NR)
OS 6"map, Inverness-shire, 2nd ed., (1905)
The graveyard is believed to have occupied 'precisely the space fenced and used as ornamental ground from the Co. Road on the south to the garden fence a little north of the house'.
Name Book 1871
A church at Kil Michael was dedicated to the Archangel.
W MacKay 1893
The house, on the site of the graveyard, is still known as Kilmichael, and the tradition of a graveyard here (tho' not a church) is known locally; otherwise, no further information.
Visited by OS (R L) 23 Feburary 1970
A watching brief carried out by RoCAS in 2013 on the then vacant plot adjacent to the east side of Kilmichael House failed to locate any sign of the church or any burials. <1>
Name Book (County), Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey, Book No. 56, 64 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG3389.
Mackay, W, 1893, Urquhart and Glenmoriston: olden times in a Highland parish, 337 (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG2461.
<1> Peteranna, M., 2013, New House Site by Kilmichael House, Drumnadrochit: Archaeological Watching Brief (Text/Report/Fieldwork Report). SHG25743.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Mackay, W. 1893. Urquhart and Glenmoriston: olden times in a Highland parish. 337.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Name Book (County). Object Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No. 56, 64.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Peteranna, M.. 2013. New House Site by Kilmichael House, Drumnadrochit: Archaeological Watching Brief. Ross & Cromarty Archaeological Services. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5038 3031 (80m by 80m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND GLENMORISTON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12644 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.