MHG3334 - Beauly Village
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- SETTLEMENT (Undated)
- None recorded
NH54NW 7 52 45.
"What is now called the village of Beauly was formerly, and is still called in Gaelic, Manachin or Monastery. The place called Beauly in ancient times and now, is near the railway station.
No trace and no further information.
Visited by OS (J B) 23 June 1975
ISSFC, 1885, 'The Beauly District', Trans Inverness Sci Soc Fld Club Vol. 1 1875-80, p.355-61, 360 (Text/Publication/Article). SHG1620.
RCAHMS, 1979, The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of North-east Inverness, Inverness District, Highland Region, 28, No. 219 (Text/Report). SHG2673.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: ISSFC. 1885. 'The Beauly District', Trans Inverness Sci Soc Fld Club Vol. 1 1875-80, p.355-61. Trans Inverness Sci Soc Fld Club. 355-61. 360.
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1979. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of North-east Inverness, Inverness District, Highland Region. . 28, No. 219.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5199 4500 (160m by 160m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12702 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.