MHG3335 - Flint Axe, Beauly
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
'Celt of chipped flint, with ground cutting edge, 5 3/4 long by 2 inches across the cutting face, from the neighbourhood of Beauly.' Purchased for NMAS (AF 255).
Listed in the NMS catalogue under Acc. No. AF 255. Acquired 1884. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1884. 'Donations to and purchases for the Library and Museum and exhibits in the Museum', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 18 1883-4, p.13-19,76-8,170-9,213-15,248-52,308-12,362-9. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 13-19,76-8,170-9,213-15,2. 9.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AF 255.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5199 4600 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12701 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.