MHG3339 - Beauly Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH54NW 37 5203 4579
Formerly a 2-platform through station.
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station on the 'far North' line of the Highland Rly. was opened on 11 June 1862 by the Inverness and Ross-shire Rly; it closed to regular passenger traffic on 13 June 1960.
R V J Butt 1995.
Probably opened 11 June 1862; closed to passengers 13.6.1960; closed to goods 25.1.1965.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 30.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 209-10.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5202 4578 (68m by 78m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12697 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.