MHG33441 - Former Free Church, Badcaul

Summary

A tin church associated with the township of Badcaul.

Type and Period (1)

  • CHURCH (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1560 AD to 2100 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

A tin church associated with the township of Badcaul.
Wester Ross Project - Cathy Dagg, 03/04
------

Redundant tin church in the hamlet of Badcaul. There is no graveyard attached to the church. The church still contains the pews, pulpit and even bibles/hymn books of the congregation.
The ground around the church, enclosed by a rectangular stone wall is very marshy and covered with heather.
Visited during the Highland Kirkyards project, run by Highland Buildings Preservation Trust. <1><2>


<1> Robinson, B; Scott, M; Wright, A, 03/2010, Highland Kirkyards: Ross and Cromarty (Collection/Project Archive). SHG25133.


<2> Highlands Buildings Preservation Trust, 2009, Photographs of Ross and Cromarty Kirkyards (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG25134.

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 0182 9200 (41m by 44m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NH09SW
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish LOCHBROOM

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (0)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.