MHG3346 - Lentran Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NH54NE 9.00 5846 4578
NH54NE 9.01 NH 5842 4580 Railway Signal box
(Location cited as NH 584 458). Lentran Station, opened 1862 by the Inverness and Ross-shire Rly. Formerly a 2-platform through station, the up platform has been demolished. The down-platform building is a single-storey wooden structure, with projecting awning.
J R Hume 1977.
This intermediate station was opened on 11 June 1862 by the Inverness and Ross-shire Rly; it closed to regular passenger traffic on 13 June 1960, was re-opened on 27 March 1982, and closed again on 29 March 1982.
R V J Butt 1995.
- --- SHG2009 Text/Publication/Volume: Butt, R V J. 1995. The directory of railway stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present. 137.
- --- SHG2332 Text/Publication/Volume: Hume, J R. 1977. The industrial archaeology of Scotland 2: The Highlands and Islands. Paper (Original). 310; pl. 117.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5845 4578 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12666 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.