MHG33726 - Hut circle, The Ord
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Hut circkle marked on modern OS - HAW 8/2004
Topographically surved in Spring 2010. Hut circle, 10m in internal diameters, dished interior. The walls are spread to 2.5m wide and 0.4m high. Entrance gap to SE. The monument is covered in deep heather. <3>
- <1> Text/Publication/Volume: Wickham Jones C. The Ord, Lairg A Journey Back in Time.
- <2> Text/Publication/Leaflet: Wickham Jones C; Harden J. 2000. The Ord, Lairg: Archaeological Trail.
- <3> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dalland, M. 05/2010. A Topographic Archaeological Survey of the Ord Prehistoric Landscape: Lairg, North Highland. Headland Archaeology Ltd. Digital. Site HA1.2.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5726 0607 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM1812 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.