MHG33730 - Hut circle, The Ord
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Hut circle marked on modern OS - HAW 8/2004
Noted during topographic survey in Spring 2010. Hut circle covered by deep heather is located on the upper N facing slopes of The Ord. It measures 11m by 12.5m internally and is defined by low walls spread to 2m wide and 0.3m high. A 1.2m wide gap to the SE indicates the location of the entrance.<1>
- --- Text/Publication/Leaflet: Wickham Jones C; Harden J. 2000. The Ord, Lairg: Archaeological Trail.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Wickham Jones C. The Ord, Lairg A Journey Back in Time.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dalland, M. 05/2010. A Topographic Archaeological Survey of the Ord Prehistoric Landscape: Lairg, North Highland. Headland Archaeology Ltd. Digital. Site HA5.8.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5734 0573 (21m by 21m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM1812 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.