MHG33734 - Hut circle, The Ord
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Hut circle marked on modern OS - HAW 8/2004
A small hut circle is situated 10m to the SE of hut circle MHG33730. It is defined by a curving bank 1.5m wide by 0.4m high, with a gap indicating the entrance facing to the NW. The structure measures 7.5m by 8.5m internally and is covered in heather. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Leaflet: Wickham Jones C; Harden J. 2000. The Ord, Lairg: Archaeological Trail.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Wickham Jones C. The Ord, Lairg A Journey Back in Time.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dalland, M. 05/2010. A Topographic Archaeological Survey of the Ord Prehistoric Landscape: Lairg, North Highland. Headland Archaeology Ltd. Digital. Site HA5.10.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5738 0570 (12m by 11m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM1812 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.