MHG33735 - Hut circle, The Ord
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Hut circle marked ion modern OS and 1st ed OS - HAW 8/2004
Noted during topographic survey in Spring 2010. A hut circle is situated some 50m to the SE of The Ord summit. It measures 7m in internal diameter and is defined by stony banks spread to 2m wide and 0.4m high. The entrance is to the SE. The structure is covered in grass and bracken. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Leaflet: Wickham Jones C; Harden J. 2000. The Ord, Lairg: Archaeological Trail.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Wickham Jones C. The Ord, Lairg A Journey Back in Time.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dalland, M. 05/2010. A Topographic Archaeological Survey of the Ord Prehistoric Landscape: Lairg, North Highland. Headland Archaeology Ltd. Digital. Site HA10.5.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5743 0554 (13m by 13m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM1812 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.