MHG33737 - Cairn, The Ord
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CAIRN (Neolithic to Late Iron Age - 4000 BC? to 560 AD?)
Visible on AP. Highland Council 2004 - Lairg No 9 - HAW 8/2004
Cairn marked on modern OS in area marked as tumuli on 1st ed OS - HAW 8/2004
Recorded during topographic survey carried out in Spring 2010. Cairn with marked hollow in the middle. It measures 11m in diameter and is 0.7m high. No kerb is visible. Covered in grass and bracken. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Leaflet: Wickham Jones C; Harden J. 2000. The Ord, Lairg: Archaeological Trail.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Wickham Jones C. The Ord, Lairg A Journey Back in Time.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dalland, M. 05/2010. A Topographic Archaeological Survey of the Ord Prehistoric Landscape: Lairg, North Highland. Headland Archaeology Ltd. Digital. Site HA10.10.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5753 0546 (14m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2300:35:1177880253467667::::P35_SELECTED_MONUMENT:1812 (Historic Scotland scheduled monument description (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM1812 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.