MHG33738 - Cairn, The Ord
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CAIRN (Bronze Age - 2400 BC? to 551 BC?)
Cairn marked on modern OS in area described as Tumuli on 1st ed OS - HAW 8/2004
Recorded during topographic survey undertaken in Spring 2010. A round cairn 6m in diameter and 1m high. Along the edge of the cairn is a kerb of upright boulders, some contiguous, some displaced. Covered in grass, heather and bracken. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Leaflet: Wickham Jones C; Harden J. 2000. The Ord, Lairg: Archaeological Trail.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Wickham Jones C. The Ord, Lairg A Journey Back in Time.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dalland, M. 05/2010. A Topographic Archaeological Survey of the Ord Prehistoric Landscape: Lairg, North Highland. Headland Archaeology Ltd. Digital. Site HA10.11.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5755 0546 (14m by 14m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM1812 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.