MHG33745 - Hut circle, The Ord
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Visible on AP Highland Council 2004 Lairg No11 - HAW 8/2004
Hut circle marked on modern OS and 1st ed OS - HAW 8/2004
Recorded during topographic survey in Spring 2010. A hut circle covered in bracken. It measures 13m by 15m internally and is outlined by stony banks spread up to 3m wide and 0.5m high. A rectangular structure has been inserted into the E side of the hut circle up against the inside of the wall. It is aligned NE to SW and measures 1.6m by 2.5m internally inside stone walls 1m wide and 0.5m high. <1>
Wickham Jones C, The Ord, Lairg A Journey Back in Time (Text/Publication/Volume). SHG3520.
Wickham Jones C; Harden J, 2000, The Ord, Lairg: Archaeological Trail (Text/Publication/Leaflet). SHG2934.
<1> Dalland, M, 05/2010, A Topographic Archaeological Survey of the Ord Prehistoric Landscape: Lairg, North Highland, Site HA15.6 (Text/Report/Fieldwork Report). SHG24798.
- --- Text/Publication/Leaflet: Wickham Jones C; Harden J. 2000. The Ord, Lairg: Archaeological Trail.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Wickham Jones C. The Ord, Lairg A Journey Back in Time.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dalland, M. 05/2010. A Topographic Archaeological Survey of the Ord Prehistoric Landscape: Lairg, North Highland. Headland Archaeology Ltd. Digital. Site HA15.6.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5791 0509 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://data.historic-scotland.gov.uk/pls/htmldb/f?p=2300:35:1177880253467667::::P35_SELECTED_MONUMENT:1812 (Historic Scotland scheduled monument description (old hyperlink))
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM1812 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.