MHG33748 - Hut circle, The Ord
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Hut circle marked on modern OS - HAW 8/2004
Recorded during topographic survey in Spring 2010. The hut circle is located on the edge of an E facing shelf on the E side of The Ord. It measures 9.5m by 11m internally and is defined by low stony banks spread to 2.2m wide and 0.2m high. The entrance is outlined by a 1.5m wide gap to the S. The hut circle lies in an area of improved pasture. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Leaflet: Wickham Jones C; Harden J. 2000. The Ord, Lairg: Archaeological Trail.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Wickham Jones C. The Ord, Lairg A Journey Back in Time.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Dalland, M. 05/2010. A Topographic Archaeological Survey of the Ord Prehistoric Landscape: Lairg, North Highland. Headland Archaeology Ltd. Digital. Site HA14.1.
|Grid reference||Centred NC 5772 0534 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM1812 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.