MHG34128 - DORNOCH

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • TOLBOOTH (Undated)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

Created automatically by NMRS Register Utility
User: Admin, Date: Wed 13 Oct 2004
----
NH78NE 26 798 897

See also NH78NE 18.

The court-house or Tolbooth stood on or very near the site of St. Barr's Church (NH78NE 18) from 1730 to 1818.
C D Bentinck 1926.

The Tolbooth stood immediately to the W of the cross (NH78NE 4) according to Miss Mackay (E R MacKay, Ach na Craobhan, Rearquhar).
Visited by OS (A A) 31 March 1971.

Sources/Archives (1)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 7978 8969 (20m by 20m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NH78NE
Geographical Area SUTHERLAND
Civil Parish DORNOCH

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.