MHG3414 - Stone Lamp - Moniack
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 550 BC? to 560 AD?)
- None recorded
A cup-shaped stone lamp, found at Moniack about 1800,was donated to NMAS. By Major C.I. Fraser of Reelig. (AQ 121)
Described in the NMS catalogue as of steatite, cup-shaped, with a perforated handle and below the rim, two incised lines connected by chevrons. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1960. ''Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 91 1957-8, p.200-6. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 200-6. 200.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AQ 121.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5500 4299 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- LAMP (Iron Age - 550 BC? to 560 AD?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12731 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.