MHG3444 - Loch Farraline Crannog
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CRANNOG (Undated)
- None recorded
NH52SE 1 5576 2160.
(NH 5576 21 60) An island in Loch Farraline had been suggested as artificial, but had not been examined up to 1913.
OS 6" 1875 shows an island at the SE corner of the loch which subsequently became inundated, as shown on current 6", when the loch became part of the reservoir for the British Aluminium Works at Foyers. F O Blundell 1913
Visited by OS (N K B) 12 Feburary 1970
|Grid reference||Centred NH 5576 2160 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/12554 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.