MHG346 - Ballachulish Station
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- RAILWAY STATION (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1560 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
Caledonian Railway, Ballachulish Branch, opened 21 August 1903; closed completely 28 March 1966.
J Thomas 1966; D Kennedy 1971; C E J Fryer 1989
Ballachulish Station opened 24.8.1903 (Callander and Oban Railway); closed 26.3.1966.
Photographs were contributed by Martin Briscoe in July 2011 via the Highland HER Flickr group.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Fryer, C E J. 1989. The Callander and Oban railway. 91-114; photos, 90,93-4, 99,101-112.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Kennedy, D. 1971. The birth and death of a Highland Railway.
- --- Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Thomas, J. 1966. The Callander and Oban railway. 122-34.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 0830 5838 (40m by 40m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||LISMORE AND APPIN|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.