MHG3497 - Gask
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- CUP MARKED STONE (Undated)
- None recorded
NH63NE 3 6775 3611.
There is a cup-marked stone on the moors above Gask, between the farm and a large conglomerate block to the north-west. It is of yellowish sandstone and is roughly triangular, being 4 feet in length by 3 feet 10 inches at the base, and 4 feet thick. The lower part, which was under ground when first discovered bears one cup and some curious hollows: the exposed part bears 6 rough and weathered cups.
W Jolly 1882.
Stone not located.
Visited by OS (E G C) 5 September 1963.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6774 3611 (10m by 10m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||DAVIOT AND DUNLICHITY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13130 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.