MHG3498 - Hut circle, Allt Mor, Essich
A well-preserved hut circle.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE (Late Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 1250 BC to 560 AD)
- None recorded
NH63NE 30 6511 3876.
At NH 6511 3876, on a rise, is a circular stone-walled hut measuring c. 11.0m in diameter between the centres of a wall spread to c. 3.0m all round. The entrance, in the E, is mutilated. No trace of associated cultivation.
Visited by OS (R L) 12 January 1970
Surveyed at 1/2500.
Visited by OS (A A) 23 November 1971.
This site was visited by a member of HCAU staff in August 2009 and found to be as described. <1>
This site can be seen on an oblique aerial photograph taken by Jim Bone in 1997. <2>
- <1> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer. 19/08/2009.
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): Tilbury, S. 2009-11. Photographs by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer. Colour. . Digital.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Oblique: Bone, J. Aerial photographs of various sites submitted by Jim Bone. Colour. Yes. Digital. 97/4/8.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Tilbury, S. 2009-11. Photographs by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer. Colour. . Digital. 19/08/2009.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6513 3875 (12m by 12m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/13131 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.