MHG35092 - Township, Camas Salach
A township on the southern shore of Loch Sunart which is first documented in 1674.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Created automatically by NMRS Register Utility
User: Admin, Date: Wed 13 Oct 2004
NM66SE 19 centred 684 611
A township comprising five unroofed, six roofed buildings and a short length of field wall is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1875, sheet xxvi). Two unroofed and two roofed buildings are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1990).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 7 May 1998.
This site was visited as part of a walkover survey of the National Nature Reserve in 1999. A large number of features were identified including houses, ancillary buildings, yards, walls, boundaries, arable land and peat cuttings. These have yet to be indexed separately, but full details are available in the fieldwork report. <1>
|Grid reference||Centred NM 6839 6110 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/145202 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.